Biennial New Investigator Clinical Trials Course
Donald Gordon Centre
The New Investigator Clinical Trials Course (NICTC) is an important component of the Canadian Cancer Trials Group mandate to provide and facilitate investigator education and training. The major goal of this three-day course is to familiarize new investigators from across the country with the essentials of clinical trial conduct in the Canadian research environment.
The 2017 New Investigator Clinical Trials Course (NICTC) marks the sixth biennial year of the Course, which was founded in 2007. The next NICTC is scheduled for August 9 – 11, 2017. The course is held in Kingston, Ontario at the Donald Gordon Centre, which is a Queen’s University convention centre.
Course Accreditation:The 2017 New Investigator Clinical Trials Course will be accredited for Maintenance of Competence (MOCOMP) credits with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Meetings and Committees Coordinator
Canadian Cancer Trials Group
- Dr. Wendy Parulekar (Chair): Senior Investigator, Canadian Cancer Trials Group
- Dr. Chris O'Callaghan: Senior Investigator, Canadian Cancer Trials Group
- Dr. Annette Hay: Senior Investigator, Canadian Cancer Trials Group
- Dr. Binghu Chen: Senior Biostatistician, Canadian Cancer Trials Group
- Dr. Harriet Feilotter: Director, Molecular Diagnostics, Queen's University
- Dr. Greg Pond: Statistician, Ontario Clinical Oncology Group
- Dr. Laura Rodriguez: Fellow, Canadian Cancer Trials Group
- Dr. Ketan Ghate: Resident, Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario at Kingston General Hospital
- Dr. Osama Souied: Resident, Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario at Kingston General Hospital
- Ms. Anne Biggar: Meeting Coordinator, Canadian Cancer Trials Group
- Ms. Janice Flegg: Administrative Assistant, Canadian Cancer Trials Group
Participants must be trainees/fellows and junior faculty members in their first five years of staff appointment in medical, hematologic, radiation and surgical oncology programs from across Canada.
The Program Announcement is sent to the Canadian Cancer Trials Group Disease Site Committee Chairs / Co-Chairs, Directors of Residency Programs in the oncology disciplines across Canada, as well as the professional associations of each subspecialty (Canadian Association of Medical Oncologists, Canadian Association of Radiation Oncologists, Canadian Oncology Societies).
Applicants are asked to provide a current curriculum vitae and their research interests as they relate to clinical trials, and to provide feedback on the draft agenda and suggestions for additional topics. The selection process will be based on the need for broad representation of the different subspecialties, and geographical distribution from across Canada.
Successful applicants will receive funding support from the Canadian Cancer Trials Group for travel and accommodation. Course material including faculty biographies, presentations, and session bibliographies will be made available to course participants on the Canadian Cancer Trials Group website.
Comments from 2013 Course Attendees
- The Canadian Cancer Trials Group provided a valuable course for fellows like myself at an early stage of subspeciality training. I plan on disseminating what i learned here to my fellow colleagues. Thank you for all your hard work in organizing a great educational course!
- Thank you for this opportunity. Truly a wonderful learning experience. Congratulations to the organizing committee and all the great speakers who offered their time and expertise. Highly recommended!
- This was a great course and i would recommenced to every New/Young Investigator.
- Great course, very well prepared and instructive!
- This is a brilliant advocacy of the Canadian Cancer Trials Group which is a very good opportunity for us fellows to learn what goes on before a clinical trial gets to the clinics.
- I really enjoyed the course. Great topics, great set-up and very informative. All the faculty was well informed and motivated which motivates me to further undertake clinical trials.
- For information on how to Sponsor the NICTC please contact:
Anne Biggar at email@example.com or 613-533-6430